Thursday, February 15, 2007

Final Studio Image One


The visit to the Apple Store at the Galleria Mall inspired me to pursue transparency through diverse spatial experiences and circulation. I felt that these concepts modeled themselves well with Apple’s commitment to user friendly “hands- on” exploration of their products. I have made this the core theme of my design. I looked toward the Chicago El Train as a source of transportation that promotes a plethora of views as you move through space. If you have ever been on the El you will have experienced traveling through tight corridors between high rises as well as traveling through larger scaled open spaces.
Transparency is achieved by allowing unfettered views both from the exterior to the interior of the store and from the interior to the exterior places that surround Copley Square.

No comments: